Monday, May 28, 2012
"Like" and "Love" in Leadership
As Facebook continues to gather click after click onto "Like" buttons, it occurred to me to write something for you who are all in my "Like" list.
- It is impossible to work in something or with someone that is not liked.
- A few degrees of happiness tighter, the concept of "love" encompasses "like" in special cases, when something is liked AND loved.
- So it is our turn to look at our likes and loves and make sure we are harmonious in our daily interactions with the Cosmos, with the Universe, with strangers/the general public.
- It is a mystery the distance between like and love, yet both are on the same side of the fence of self preservation. To guide others with likes and loves is a path to better leadership, understanding what is that makes followers do their best even under stressful circumstances.
- For those surrounded by dislikes, it is an embattled leader's responsibility to build a road out or find a way out.