Wednesday, January 18, 2006
Retagging in the Meme of Fours
Given the fact that looking @ my life this way makes me smile each time, and that my talented, much admired blogfather Xian tagged me from his personal blog that triggered the birth of this blog and all my others; I'm taking the liberty to share here, with a bigger audience, my "Meme of Fours" with the bonus that I get to tag Cindy of Lotería Chicana, Geoff of Ars Politica, Daniel of Construct and Robin of "Shaking Her Assets: Chat w. Robin and Renée" here in addition to the Yahoo! 360 friends I've already tagged :)!
Here we go:
My blogfather Xian has tagged me in this "Meme of Fours" -- at first, I thought "all fours" but quickly corrected myself. Nice coincidence that photo has four: Former United States Presidents (left to right): Washington, Jefferson, Roosevelt and Lincoln carved into Mt. Rushmore (link below).
Four Jobs You've Had:
1 . Slide Projector Operator for Princeton's Religion Prof. Horton Davies, God give his soul good rest.
2. Research babe, er administrative assistant, for wunderkind, tenured young Wafik S. El-Deiry, MD, PhD. of the University of Pennsylvania.
3. Biotechnology Expo, advanced hematocrit and blood analysis desktop machine kiosk person (for my dad's company).
4. Babysitter to two professor's sons, one loved me so much he didn't want me to leave, the other was too young to voice his view (he was nine months old), but his family wanted me to move in!
Four Movies You Could Watch Over and Over:
1. Back to the Future I ("what do your parents like to do together?" "uh..., nothing")
2. Back to the Future II (but not III)
3. Titanic (Every night in my dreams, I feel you...)
4. Star Wars (almost any episode, but of course, the first one).
Four Places You’ve Lived:
1. Okinawa, Japan (Hai, but I was too young to really remember, I was born there)
2. Las Vegas, Nevada (we moved there after my dad was transferred from the Air Force base in Okinawa, I was still too young to remember much except the Cowboy Neon sign).
3. Rapid City, South Dakota: Loved it, especially going to Mt. Rushmore, the Flintstones Park and the Badlands
4. Philadelphia, PA and Tamarac, FL: why lumped together? because this is the meme of fours....
Four TV Shows You Love to Watch: (ouchy ouch, I don't really watch TV, but here go some shows I can tolerate/watch)
1. Monday Night Football
2. Cooking Shows (30 min. meals w. Rachel, the Barefoot Contessa, come to think of it, pretty much anything on the Food Network)
3. Oh my, I'm horrible, all I can think of are: oh, documentaries on PBS, the Discovery Channel or the History Channel
4. too bad, I don't watch TV, wait, Sunday Night Football
Four Places You’ve Been on Vacation:
1. San Antonio, Texas: ♥♥♥
2. Tortola and Virgin Gorda, Virgin Islands: ♥♥♥♥ (meme of fours, right?)
3. Europe (Spain, France, Germany, England, Italy, Switzerland -- a summer tour my mother sent my sisters and I to get rid of us for the summer.) ♥♥♥
4. México: My mother misheard the airline person on the phone telling her my flight departure, the airline person said "trece horas", which is thirteen hours, which is 1 p.m. My mom wrote down "tres p.m. or 3 p.m." Making me lose my flight and have to spend another day in Ciudad México alone.
Four Blogs You Visit Daily:
1. Yahoo! 360 to see if Rajesh, Katzenjammer, Lionel, MarshaGarsha, Reggie, Vijay, Angellique, Mannar, Hammack, Pablo, Juancho, my friends from Spain (Ignacio, JuanJaen) and others have written anything.
2. Bloglines to see my feeds
3. Blogcabin but I think I may miss a day once in awhile
4. My own Blogger blog, to jump to other blogs listed on my sidebar
Four of Your Favorite Foods:
1. Black beans by themselves or rice
2. Salad w. lentil sprouts
3. Garbanzos by themselves or rice
4. Vegetable Basmati and wild rice, or come to think of it, most Indian and Vietnamese cuisine dishes
Four Places You’d Rather Be:
1. the Virgin Islands
2. Tamarac, FL or Philadelphia, PA - lumped together again, ah, oh so personal
4. Peru or India (I have friends in both places).
Four Albums You Can't Live Without:
1. Andrea Bocelli: "Andrea"
2. Andrea Bocelli: "Romanza"
3. Andrea Bocelli: "Cieli di Toscana"
4. Andrea Bocelli: "Sogno" tied w. Pavarotti's "Ti Adoro"
Four Vehicles You've Owned:
1. A silver Ford Mustang, in the '80s
2. A baby blue Ford LTD that I inherited from my grandfather, it looked like a cop car
3. A silver Mitsubishi Montero SUV, stick shift, very good car
4. A silver Pontiac Sunfire '00, that drove from Philadelphia to Tamarac to Key West to Ground Zero and elsewhere many times
blogged by: Frances M. Pabon