Friday, May 20, 2005

 

Documenting Destruction

Nature is one of the world's most reputable scientific journals, I should know, in a previous life I worked w. one of the most cited and respected scientists in his field, molecular oncologist Wafik S. El-Deiry, MD, PhD.

That said (sometimes feed-reading I come across some hokey-looking stories!), I'd like to invite you to read the latest report in Nature News (a free service) that documents the destruction us humans have wrought in our eco-systems. Sobering reading, but as an eternal optimist, I hope there is still time to undo the damage. For one I've seen what appears as a new breed of "indoor" wild, small lizards that seem to have moved inside in response to damage outside! Those "indoor" lizards, lighter skinned than their outdoor counterparts, co-exist peacefully w. us, they seem feed on any insects that may wander into our home without looking @ us as prey.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?