Wednesday, June 29, 2005

 

HFCS in Ocean Spray, Minute Maid & Very Fine Juices

High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS), a nutritional nightmare, speaks volumes of companies trying to increase profits w. cheap ingredients. Ocean Spray, Minute Maid, a division of Coca-Cola, and Very Fine, owned by Kraft; have sweteened some of their products w. HFCS -- to me, a corporate shame and reason enough not to buy *any* of their products. Mass-market alternative: surprisingly, Mott's, I bought a box for my four year-old niece of apple juice, white grape & apple juice, and fruit punch, each without any HFCS and each, sampled by me, good. Too bad Mott's doesn't list juice ingredients on its website. Which store-bought juices do I drink? Lakewood, Tree of Life and Rainberry, which doesn't seem to have a presence online.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?