Thursday, July 28, 2005

 

Inspired by my New Reader, Happenings Today

My new reader, you know who you are! our email exchange has touched me deeply, inspires me to write today. The young family that lives in the house across the street is particularly loud today, with the criollo music band led by the father practicing at top volume. The impromptu live concert has gone on since this morning, and it's almost 3:00 p.m. now! Good thing I like criollo music (plena, guaguanco, especially). The funny thing is that for the past month, the sounds from there, instead of music, were the pounding, drilling, hammering, whirring dissonance of construction which the young father supervised.

Also, Xian, the Princeton buddy who introduced me to blogging, has sent me an interesting link to a list of futuristic implants, including one that substitutes lymph for butter. Just seeing the word "lymph" in a context that makes people think makes me happy, because lymph is seldom spoken about, anywhere.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?