Thursday, October 27, 2005

 

Three Dinners


My husband was teaching his graduate linguistics course until after 8 p.m., my mother and her visiting relative had gone to 6:30 p.m. mass; so I decided to stop at one of my favorite health food restaurants, "Salud con Sabor" (Health with Flavor) to buy a take-out dinner. When I got home, the phone rang, my husband had gotten out of class early. When I picked him up, we decided we'd go to my mother's house to visit for a little while. There I had my first dinner, a bowl of "sancocho" (a traditional Puerto Rican stewy soup). On the way home, my husband said "I'm still hungry" -- he made a face when I mentioned we had "Salud con Sabor" food @ home. So we stopped @ our favorite Puerto Rican/Cuban food restaurant, where I had a salad and some black beans and rice. When I got home, and saw the abandoned food, I tasted a little bit. Hours later, at almost nightime, I had a bit more of the absolutely delicious Thai burrito I had brought home. This morning, breakfast was black beans and pesto brown rice. I'm going to need to go on a diet if this keep up.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?