Saturday, July 09, 2005

 

Snacks from Abroad Zero HFCS


Today it hit me again as I pushed my grocery cart down the aisles that inspired Supermarket Schlock Shock before. My habitual readers must wonder what in Morgan Spurlock's name was I doing @ that market again, the truth my local health/vegetarian food market was closed, my tiny neighborhood market is going downhill rapidly and my husband wanted yogurt for his fresh blueberries. Oh, and bottled water.

My bravery paid off, I found in the shelves, among the nightmarish fare offered by the likes of Kellogg's and Nabisco, a Colombian whole wheat and oat cookie without a trace of High Fructose Corn Syrup as well as Polish MultiVitamin juice and a Spanish OJ that are HFCS-free. Sigh! What will become of American children whose parents are not down with the dangers of HFCS? A cursory look @ all the mothers-with-kids-present carts @ the market tonight, gave me anxious chest pain: boxes of Capri Sun, radioactive-looking cereal boxes and other junk that I would give only to my worst enemy.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?