Thursday, September 22, 2005
My three nieces have inspired me to participate in a Parents Discussion Group, today I'm sharing with you a list of healthy snacks for children a young mother of two posted.
* "Pirate's Booty" snack by Robert's American Gourmet (basically a veggie
version of a cheese puff)
* "Veggie Stix"
* Whole wheat pretzels (TJs has some great ones in stick and nugget form)
* Cheese sticks or string cheese
* Dehydrated fruits and veggies called "Just Peas,"Just Carrots," etc.
* Annie's brand makes some tasty bunny crackers in BBQ, Ranch, Whole Wheat,
and Cheddar flavors
* How about yogurt-covered raisins or pretzels (the ones without partially
hydrogenated coconut oil, that is; I haven't checked the sugar grams on those,
though-they might be worse than candy)
* Hain's makes some yummy snacks, such as "Carrot Chips" (a tasty but
healthier version of a Frito, with carrot)
* What about a cereal that's fun to eat on its own? Like a cinnamon
mini shredded wheat?
* Pre-sliced apples (from TJs)