Thursday, March 31, 2005

 

Geoff, of Ars Politica, to have second "home" here!

Remember how important it is to pick the best players for your team, even if you aren't into sports? Am I pleased to report that Geoff, of Ars Politica, has agreed to make Good Bloggin' his second "home" to post anecdotes, commentary, ideas, humor and, of course, interesting news. Geoff's talented writing drew my attention for its clarity, unique wit, originality and fairness. You'll see those qualities reflected in his answers to this, my first "Meet the Blogger" interview:

1. Why did you start "Ars Politica"?

Ars Politica began as a way for me to keep abreast of what was going on in the world. I didn't want to be told what to think about current events, I wanted to learn what was happening and then make up my own mind. I wanted to have my own little corner of the 'net where I could chronicle my discoveries and post my take on events.

2. What do you like best about blogging?

The best part of blogging, for me at least, is the promotion dialogue. Ideally, I'd like each of my posts to spark a conversation where all sides of a topic are debated. Blogs are great because they allow people to discuss important issues without spatial or temporal restraints.

3. What do you like least about it?

As it has come out recently there are a lot of bloggers who get paid to support certain ideas. While I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with that, I do think that bloggers should disclose that sort of information. It is also a little scary to think that anyone with internet
access can read what I wrote.

4. What tips do you have for people who want to start their own blog?

Do it! Even if you don't think you have enough time to invest in your blog. There are some excellent blogs out there that only get updated once a week. Who can't afford to spend 5 minutes a week to post to your blog? Alternately you could get a group of friends to blog together. It is a great way for people from your high school/college/camp/whatever who don't live near each other to keep up to stay in touch.

5. What do you see for yourself and "Ars Politica" in the future?

Oh, man. I don't know. On the cover of "Wired"? Just kidding. I really don't have any expectations for Ars Politica. Of course it would be nice if people visited the site and read the blog and even better still if it inspired them to leave comments, but if it winds up being just another ghost site I'm ok with that too.

Welcome Geoff, we hope you have many good bloggin' days w. us!



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?